Selling Cars

"Hello. my name is Ed Dancel. I've been selling cars for Southfield Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram since 1997. Yup, that long. I really love this dealership and what I do here. In fact I still find it very excting when I see my customers drive off in their brand new cars with big smiles on their faces. It's amazing how many relationships I've made over the years just selling cars. My customers know and trust me and they come back to me again and again. My job is to make sure that they get the best possible service, the best possible deal and to make sure that their buying experience is fun, easy, painless, quick and convenient."

Get your latest and greatest news and information about me, my dealership, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram here. I'll be updating this site regularly...so please visit often.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 Walk Around - Ed Dancel

I was surfing around the web today when I found this very interesting video on YouTube featuring the Charger SRT Chief Engineer David McDonald showing off the new 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8.

During his walk around, he showed off the impressive 6.4-L V8 Engine which has 465 horsepower and 465 foot pounds of torque. Surprisingly, with this much power, this speed demon is also quite fuel economic. McDonald explained that with this engine, they are expecting 15% improvement in city mpg and 25% in highway mpg fuel economy from the previous model.

He then went to show that the car has been lowered a half inch versus the base car. He also then explained that new for 2012 is the adaptive suspension system which can be selected into sport mode at a touch of button. This feature will lock the car down and it'll kick in within a millisecond when activated to provide optimal handling for the car.

For an aggressive appearance they gave this new SRT Charger stylish split 5 spoke wheels, new Goodyear RS-A2 tires that's specifically designed to have better wet handling characteristics, 4 piston Brembo Brakes, aggressive front fascia that's fully blacked out in the center and has a unique SRT rear fascia with chrome dual wall 4 inch exhaust tips.

He says that when you give the car throttle, the exhaust note you'll hear is just pure power all the way through from the engine to the exhaust. It is very stable at high speeds and he's very proud to say that you can drive this car 150 miles per hour with no problem.

McDonald then sat in the driver seat of the car and showed off the new redesigned interior for 2012. This Charger SRT has a unique steering wheel that's flat,aggressive and sporty with paddle shifters. It also has a unique instrument cluster, shifter and dash made of carbon fiber weave and aluminum bezels. The most impressive part of the interior is the 8.4 inch media center that now contain SRT performance pages which is a great way to connect the driver to the road.

Well that's the new 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8. It's one of the best SRT products ever made by Chrysler. I can't wait to put one of my customers into one.



- Ed Dancel is a sales consultant at Southfield Chrysler

No comments:

Post a Comment